It is a common medical practice in this country to prescribe prescription “solutions” to medical problems, only to alleviate symptoms without searching for their underlying causes. This holds true especially in the use of anti-depressant and anxiety medications. Instead of discovering the physiological source of a patient’s strife, many physicians will prescribe these medications as an easy solution. As a result, a large number of patients remain on these medications for too long without knowing how or when to wean off of them.
Instead of using these figurative “band aids” to cover up the underlying physiological issue, it is the mission of Premier Health and Wellness to evaluate each case and determine the true functional cause of a patient’s medical problems. This way, the patient’s health can be restored through the replacement of what may be deficient. Five brain wellness problems that can be improved with this approach include:
- Depression: Clinical depression is characterized by feelings of sadness, loss, or anger that interfere with daily activities for long periods of time. Sleeping problems, stress, and hormone deficiencies can all contribute to the development of this condition.
- Weight control: For patients suffering from psychological and cognitive problems, weight control can be extremely difficult. Alleviating the underlying cause of these issues can help patients to restore their health and lose excess weight.
- Sleep disturbances: Problems with sleep can affect every other part of our lives, compounding stress and increasing our likelihood of developing serious medical issues.
- Poor focus and memory: Poor focus and memory can lead to problems in relationships, family issues, and lowered productivity at work.
- Fatigue: Weakness and fatigue are common problems that are often caused by stress, depression, and other threats to the health of the brain.
Many men and women are surprised to learn about the major roles that hormones play in the health and wellness of our brain. Without having the optimal and delicate balance of hormones circulating in our bodies, many different parts of the intricate system can suffer, from the gastrointestinal tract to cognitive function. If you are interested in learning more about achieving your optimal hormone balance and improving your sense of wellness, schedule the hormone experts at Premier Health and Wellness today at (512) 459-4405. Our hormone specialist, Dr. Edgerton, will help you to discover your optimal state of health.